Men Having Babies Midwest - 2018
Surrogacy Seminar & Gay Parenting Expo
Chicago, April 14-15, 2018
The 2018 Chicago Surrogacy Conference & Expo will feature surrogacy parenting options in both the USA and Canada, in an extended two-day format!
MHB is returning to Chicago, following the successful collaboration with the Center on Halsted and Howard Brown Health Center in previous years. The conference features practical and personal peer advice and opportunities to meet a wide range of leading providers from across the USA at the Gay Parenting Expo, breakout sessions and in private consultations.
Based on feedback from attendees the program has been extended by starting earlier on Saturday, allowing us to add several sessions, and allocate more time for Q&A and socializing. Also for the first time in Chicago, our Gay Parenting Expo will feature both surrogacy and adoption / foster care resources!
In-depth programs will offer insights from the latest studies about contemporary gestational surrogacy, and specialty panels on insurance, budgeting, medical and psychological aspects of surrogacy. Proceeds from sponsorship and exhibiting fees will benefit the Gay Parenting Assistance Program.
Note: while the event is organized by gay parenting organizations, non-gay prospective surrogacy parents are welcome and will no doubt highly benefit from it as well.
3656 North Halsted, Chicago, IL 60613
We strongly encourage advance registration for both days - past events have sold out.
Agenda in brief
(more details soon)
Saturday, April 14:
• 3:00 - 3:30pm: Registration
• 3:30 - 4:45pm: Is surrogacy right for you? Overview and personal stories - hear from several surrogates and parents
• 4:45 - 5:00pm: Coffee Break
• 5:00 - 6:15pm: A mindful look at surrogacy - Attitudes and Ethics.
• 6:15 - 6:45pm: Break/ light supper (courtesy of Golden Surrogacy)
• 6:45 - 8:00pm: Planning your parenting journey - major legal, medical and financial considerations
Optional social activities:
• 8:00pm: Parents / Intended Parents’ Happy Hour
Sunday, April 15:
• 8:30 - 9:00am: Registration
• 9:00 - 10:15am: Picking providers, budgeting and financial assistance (GPAP)
• 10:15 - 10:30am: coffee break
• 10:30 - 11:45am: Expert panel: Medical aspects of surrogacy.
• 11:45am -1:15pm: Lunch (courtesy of Fertility Center of Illinois) and gay parenting expo (tables of surrogacy agencies, clinics, lawyers and community organizations).
• 1:15 - 2:30pm: Expert panel: Budgeting and insurance (sponsored by ART Risk)
• 2:30 - 4:30pm: Breakout sessions - learn more about participating surrogacy providers.
• 3:00 - 8:00pm: Optional private consultations
• 4:30 - 5:30pm: Networking reception & gay parenting expo.
• 5:30 - 6:30pm: Specialty sessions:
- Expert legal panel
- The Gay Parenting Assistance Program (GPAP) - Q&A
* Note: If you need ASL interpretation services, we ask that you notify us by March 14, 2018, so that we may have time to secure an interpreter.