Men Having Babies South - 2017
Surrogacy & Gay Parenting Conference
Dallas, June 10-11, 2017
The 2017 Dallas Surrogacy Conference & Expo will feature surrogacy parenting options in both the USA and Canada, in an extended two-day format!
Men Having Babies (MHB) is an international non-profit organization that has helped thousands of gay men worldwide become biological parents. Our 2nd annual Dallas conference will be offered at an extended two day format, featuring practical and personal peer advice and opportunities to meet a wide range of leading providers from the USA and Canada at the Gay Parenting Expo, breakout sessions and in private consultations.
We are proud to note that the Dallas conference is once again receiving wide support from leading LGBT establishments and groups in Texas including the Dallas Voice, Rainbow Roundup, Cathedral of Hope, the Resource Center, and the Teddy Bear Party.
In-depth programs will offer insights from the latest studies about contemporary gestational surrogacy, and specialty panels on insurance, budgeting, medical and psychological aspects of surrogacy. Proceeds from sponsorship and exhibiting fees will benefit the Gay Parenting Assistance Program.
Note: while the event is organized by gay parenting organizations, non-gay prospective surrogacy parents are welcome and will no doubt highly benefit from it as well.
We strongly encourage advance registration - our events often sell out.
Agenda in brief
(more details soon)
Saturday, June 10:
• 5:00-5:30pm: Registration
• 5:30-6:30pm: Is surrogacy right for you? Overview and personal stories - hear from several surrogates and parents
• 6:30-6:45pm: Coffee Break (courtesy of GenePeeks)
• 6:45-8:00pm: A mindful look at surrogacy - Psychological and Ethical Aspects
Sunday, June 11:
• 8:30-9:00am: Registration
• 9:00-10:30am: Planning your parenting journey - major legal, medical and financial considerations
• 10:30-10:45am: coffee break (courtesy of Fertility Specialists of Texas)
• 10:45am-12:00pm: Picking providers, budgeting and financial assistance (GPAP).
• 12:00-1:30pm: Lunch (courtesy of Simple Surrogacy) and gay parenting expo (tables of surrogacy agencies, clinics, lawyers and community organizations).
• 1:30-3:30pm: Breakout sessions - learn more about participating surrogacy providers.
• 3:30-8:30pm: Optional private consultations
• 3:30-4:30pm: Networking reception & gay parenting expo
• 4:30-5:15pm: Specialty sessions I - Insurance and budgeting, Medical part 1
• 5:15-6:00pm: Specialty sessions II - Expert legal panel, Medical part 2