Men Having Babies Florida / Latin America - 2018
Surrogacy & Gay Parenting Conference
Fort Lauderdale, June 9-10, 2018
The Men Having Babies Surrogacy Conference & Expo is coming to Florida, featuring surrogacy parenting options in both the USA and Canada!
Men Having Babies (MHB) is an international non-profit organization that has helped thousands of gay men worldwide become biological parents. On June 9-10, 2018, the organization will hold in Fort Lauderdale its first English / Spanish conference, for prospective gay parents from both the USA and Latin American. The conference will feature practical and personal peer advice and opportunities to meet a wide range of leading providers from the USA and Canada.
In-depth programs will offer insights from the latest studies about contemporary gestational surrogacy, insurance, budgeting, medical and psychological aspects of surrogacy. Proceeds from sponsorship and exhibiting fees will benefit the Gay Parenting Assistance Program.
Note: while the event is organized by gay parenting organizations, non-gay prospective surrogacy parents are welcome and will no doubt highly benefit from it as well.
2670 East Sunrise Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33304
We strongly encourage advance registration - our events often sell out.
Agenda in brief
(more details soon)
Saturday, June 9:
• 2:00 - 2:30pm: Registration
• 2:30 - 3:30pm: Is surrogacy right for you? Overview and personal stories - hear from several surrogates and parents
• 3:30 - 4:30pm: A mindful look at surrogacy - Psychological and Ethical aspects.
• 4:30 - 4:45pm: Coffee Break
• 4:45 - 6:15m: Planning your parenting journey - major legal, medical and financial considerations
• 6:15 - 7:00pm: Break/ light supper (courtesy of IVF Florida)
• 7:00 - 8:00pm: Teen Panel: Surrogacy children of gay dads share their stories - in cooperation with Family Equality Council's Outspoken Generation program
Evening social activities:
• 8:30pm: Parents / Intended Parents’ Happy Hour. Sponsored by Family Source Consultants.
Sunday, June 10:
• 8:00 - 9:00am: Registration / Breakfast / Gay parenting expo (tables of surrogacy agencies, clinics, lawyers and community organizations)
• 9:00 - 10:15am: Picking providers, budgeting and financial assistance (GPAP)
• 10:15 - 10:30am: coffee break
• 10:30 - 12:00pm: Expert panel: Medical aspects of surrogacy.
• 12:00 -1:30pm: Lunch (courtesy of Open ArmsSurrogacy and Egg Donation) and gay parenting expo.
• 1:30 - 3:30pm: Breakout sessions - learn more about participating surrogacy providers.
• 2:00 - 7:00pm: Optional private consultations
• 3:30 - 4:00pm: Networking reception & gay parenting expo.
• 4:00 - 5:00pm: Expert panel: Budgeting and insurance.
• 5:00 - 6:00pm: Q&A sessions:
- Legal experts
- Budgeting / The Gay Parenting Assistance Program (GPAP)
* Note: If you need ASL interpretation services, we ask that you notify us by May 4, 2018, so that we may have time to secure an interpreter.