Men Having Babies Florida / Latin America - 2019
Surrogacy & Gay Parenting Conference
Fort Lauderdale, June 8-9, 2019
The Men Having Babies Surrogacy Conference & Expo is returning to Florida, featuring surrogacy parenting options in both the USA and Canada!
Men Having Babies (MHB) is an international non-profit organization that has helped thousands of gay men worldwide become biological parents. On June 8-9, 2019, the organization will hold in Fort Lauderdale its second annual Florida conference for prospective gay parents from both the USA and Latin America. The conference will feature practical and personal peer advice and opportunities to meet a wide range of leading providers from the USA and Canada.
In-depth programs will offer insights from the latest studies about contemporary gestational surrogacy, insurance, budgeting, medical and psychological aspects of surrogacy. Proceeds from sponsorship and exhibiting fees will benefit the Gay Parenting Assistance Program.
Note: while the event is organized by gay parenting organizations, non-gay prospective surrogacy parents are welcome and will no doubt highly benefit from it as well.
2670 East Sunrise Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33304
We strongly encourage advance registration - our events often sell out.
Agenda in brief
(more details soon)
Saturday, June 8:
• 8:30 - 9:00am: Registration
• 9:00 - 10:30am: Planning your parenting journey - major legal, medical and financial considerations
• 10:30 - 11:00am: coffee break
• 11:00am - 12:15pm: Personal stories - hear from several surrogates and parents
• 12:15 -1:45pm: Lunch (courtesy of Creative Love Egg Donor & Surrogacy Agency) and gay parenting expo (tables of surrogacy agencies, clinics, lawyers and community organizations).
• 1:45 - 2:45pm: Picking providers, budgeting and financial assistance (GPAP)
• 2:45 - 3:00pm: Break
• 3:00 - 5:00pm: Breakout sessions - learn more about participating surrogacy providers
• 3:00 - 7:00pm: Optional private consultations
• 5:00 - 6:00pm: A mindful look at surrogacy - Psychological and Ethical aspects.
• 6:00 - 7:00pm: Light Supper & Expo (courtesy of …)
Special evening activities (open to the community at large):
• 7:00 - 8:00pm: Teen Panel: Surrogacy children of gay dads share their stories - in cooperation with Family Equality Council's Outspoken Generation program
• 8:00pm: Parents / Intended Parents’ Happy Hour
Sunday, June 9:
• 8:30 - 9:00am: Registration
• 9:00 - 10:30am: Expert panel: Medical aspects of surrogacy (Sponsored by American Fertility Services)
• 9:00 - 1:00pm: Optional private consultations
• 10:30 - 10:45am: coffee break
• 10:45 - 11:45am: Expert panel: Budgeting and insurance. (Sponsored by ART Risk)
• 11:45am -12:45pm: Q&A sessions:
- Legal experts
- Budgeting / The Gay Parenting Assistance Program (GPAP)
* Note: If you need ASL interpretation services, we ask that you notify us by May 8, 2019, so that we may have time to secure an interpreter.