The 15th Annual NY Men Having Babies
Surrogacy Seminar & Gay Parenting Expo
November 9-10, 2019
The Men Having Babies Surrogacy Conference on November 9-10 in NY will feature parenting options in the USA and Canada, several in-depth panels, new Advocacy and Research Forums, and the return of the popular panel of teen surrogacy children!
For gay men who want to become parents through surrogacy, the Men Having Babies educational conferences are a rare opportunity to get under one roof a wealth of information, advice and access a wide range of relevant service providers — and from an unbiased non-profit organization.
To accommodate the growing interest, the 2019 conference will be held at the spacious Stewart hotel, where out of town attendees will also be able to benefit from a discounted group rate. The conference is based on a format MHB developed over the last 14 years in NY, San Francisco, Dallas, Brussels, Chicago and Tel Aviv. More than 25 providers and community organizations will offer information on parenting options in the USA and Canada . In-depth workshops and panels have been updated, and arranged in program tracks that will appeal to prospective parents on different stages of the process.
Out of the J, at the Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan. As always, proceeds from sponsorship and exhibiting fees will benefit the Gay Parenting Assistance Program.
We strongly encourage advance registration - our events often sell out. Registration and payment in advance will also speed up your sign-in on the day of the event and allow us to send you updates on logistics and the event's agenda.
Online registration will end when we reach capacity, and no later than Friday, November 8, at noon EST.
Agenda in brief
(more details soon)
Saturday, November 9:
• 8:30 - 9:00am: Registration
• 9:00 - 10:30am: Planning your parenting journey - major legal, medical and financial considerations
• 10:30 - 11:00am: coffee break (courtesy of Center for Reproductive Medicine of Weill Cornell Medicine)
• 11:00am - 12:15pm: Picking providers, budgeting and financial assistance (GPAP)
• 12:15 -2:00pm: Lunch (courtesy of San Diego Fertility Center) and gay parenting expo (tables of surrogacy agencies, clinics, lawyers and community organizations).
• 2:00 - 4:00pm: Breakout sessions - learn more about participating surrogacy providers
• 3:00 - 7:00pm: Optional private consultations
• 4:00 - 5:00pm: Coffee Break & Expo (courtesy of Worldwide Surrogacy Specialists)
• 5:00 - 5:45pm: Personal stories - hear from several surrogates and parents (Sponsored by SCRC)
• 5:45 - 6:00pm: coffee break
• 6:00 - 7:15pm: A mindful look at surrogacy - Psychological and Ethical aspects.
Special evening activities (open to the community at large):
• 7:15 - 8:00pm: Teen Panel: Surrogacy children of gay dads share their stories
• 8:00pm: Parents / Intended Parents’ Happy Hour
Sunday, November 10:
• 8:15 - 9:00am: Registration
• 9:00 - 10:30am: Expert panel: Medical aspects of surrogacy (Sponsored by American Fertility Services)
• 9:00 - 1:00pm: Optional private consultations
• 10:30 - 10:45am: coffee break (courtesy of Vermont Surrogacy Network, LLC)
• 10:45 - 11:45am: Expert panel: Budgeting and insurance.
• 11:45am -12:45pm: Q&A sessions:
- Legal experts
- Budgeting / The Gay Parenting Assistance Program (GPAP)
• 12:45am -1:45pm: Advice for prospective single fathers