The San Francisco Surrogacy Conference & Expo returns in 2019 with surrogacy parenting options in both the USA and Canada!
Our 6th annual West Coast Men Having Babies conference will be held once again at the spacious and well positioned Marines’ Memorial Club and Hotel. The conference brings together community activists, medical and legal experts, parents and surrogate mothers. Prospective parents will benefit from practical and personal peer advice and opportunities to meet a wide range of leading providers from the USA and Canada at the Gay Parenting Expo, breakout sessions and in private consultations. In-depth programs will offer insights from the latest studies about contemporary gestational surrogacy in the United States, and specialty panels on insurance, budgeting, legal, medical and psychological aspects of surrogacy.
The conference is based on a format MHB developed over the last 14 years in NY, Chicago, Dallas, Barcelona, Brussels and Tel Aviv. Proceeds from sponsorship and exhibiting fees will benefit the Gay Parenting Assistance Program and Our Family Coalition.
Note: while the event is organized by gay parenting organizations, non-gay prospective surrogacy parents are welcome and will no doubt highly benefit from it as well.
609 Sutter Street, San Francisco.
We strongly encourage advance registration for both days - past events have sold out.
Agenda in brief
(more details soon)
Saturday, January 12:
• 8:30 - 9:00am: Registration
• 9:00 - 10:30am: Planning your parenting journey - major legal, medical and financial considerations
• 10:30 - 11:00am: coffee break
• 11:00am - 12:15pm: Personal stories - hear from several surrogates and parents
• 12:15 -1:45pm: Lunch (courtesy of San Diego Fertility) and gay parenting expo (tables of surrogacy agencies, clinics, lawyers and community organizations).
• 1:45 - 2:45pm: Picking providers, budgeting and financial assistance (GPAP)
• 2:45 - 3:00pm: Break
• 3:00 - 5:00pm: Breakout sessions - learn more about participating surrogacy providers
• 3:00 - 7:00pm: Optional private consultations
• 5:00 - 6:00pm: A mindful look at surrogacy - Psychological and Ethical aspects.
• 6:00 - 7:00pm: Light Supper & Expo
Special evening activities (open to the community at large):
• 7:00 - 8:00pm: Teen Panel: Surrogacy children of gay dads share their stories - in cooperation with Family Equality Council's Outspoken Generation program
• 8:00pm: Parents / Intended Parents’ Happy Hour (sponsored by California Fertility Partners)
Sunday, January 13:
• 8:30 - 9:00am: Registration
• 9:00 - 10:30am: Expert panel: Medical aspects of surrogacy
• 9:00 - 1:00pm: Optional private consultations
• 10:30 - 10:45am: coffee break
• 10:45 - 11:45am: Expert panel: Budgeting and insurance (sponsored by ART Risk)
• 11:45am -12:45pm: Q&A sessions:
- Legal experts
- Budgeting / The Gay Parenting Assistance Program (GPAP)
* Note: If you need ASL interpretation services, we ask that you notify us by December 12, 2018, so that we may have time to secure an interpreter.