Men Having Babies Asia - 2019
Parenting Options for Asian Gay Men
Taipei, March 9-10, 2019
The Men Having Babies Surrogacy Conference & Expo is coming to Taiwan, featuring surrogacy parenting options in both the USA and Canada!
Men Having Babies (MHB) is an international non-profit organization that has helped thousands of gay men worldwide become biological parents. On March 9-10, 2019, in collaboration with several local LGBT organization, MHB will hold in Taipei its first conference about parenting options for prospective Asian gay parents.
The conference will feature practical and personal peer advice and opportunities to meet a wide range of leading providers from the USA and Canada. In-depth programs will offer insights from the latest studies about contemporary gestational surrogacy in the United States, and specialty panels on insurance, budgeting, legal, medical and psychological aspects of surrogacy.
The program is based on a format MHB developed over the last 15 years in NY, Chicago, San Francisco, Barcelona, Brussels and Tel Aviv. Proceeds from sponsorship and exhibiting fees will benefit the Gay Parenting Assistance Program.
Note: while the event is organized by gay parenting organizations, non-gay prospective surrogacy parents are welcome and will no doubt highly benefit from it as well.
10 Zhongxiao East Road Sec. 5, Xinyi District, Taipei.
We strongly encourage advance registration for both days - past events have sold out.
Agenda in brief
(more details soon)
Saturday, March 9:
• 8:30 - 9:00am: Registration
• 9:00 - 10:30am: Planning your parenting journey - major legal, medical and financial considerations
• 10:30 - 10:45am: coffee break
• 10:45 - 12:10pm: Picking providers, budgeting and financial assistance (GPAP)
• 12:10 -1:40pm: Lunch (courtesy of San Diego Fertility Center) and gay parenting expo (tables of surrogacy agencies, clinics, lawyers and community organizations).
• 1:40 - 3:40pm: Breakout sessions - learn more about participating surrogacy providers
• 3:30 - 7:30pm: Optional private consultations
• 3:40 - 4:40pm: Coffee Break & Expo (courtesy of International Surrogacy Center)
Special evening activities (open to the community at large):
• 4:40 - 5:45pm: Personal stories - hear from several surrogates and parents
• 6:00 - 7:00pm: A mindful look at surrogacy - Psychological and Ethical aspects.
• 7:00 - 7:30pm Happy hour
Sunday, March 10:
• 9:00 - 9:30am: Registration
• 9:30 - 11:00am: Expert panel: Medical aspects of surrogacy (Sponsored by American Fertility Services)
• 9:00 - 1:00pm: Optional private consultations
• 11:00 - 11:30am: coffee break
• 11:30 - 12:30pm: Expert panel: Budgeting and insurance (Sponsored by ART Risk)
• 12:30 -1:00pm: Q&A sessions:
- Legal experts
-Budgeting / The Gay Parenting Assistance Program (GPAP)