online donations to our Financial Assistance fund using PayPal or credit cards. Your donations will go towards the important goal of helping several couples become parent in 2013! We already raised around $100,000, but hope to more than double that by the summer, when we award the first grants. Read More...
Large turnout at Men Having Babies' NY expo, major donations are announced to the Financial Assistance Fund
Gay Parenting Financial Assistance Fund were announced. Additional funds are to be raised in an October 1st fundraiser featuring comedians Judy Gold and Alyse Kenny (among others), where hundreds of parents will join at the NYC Gotham Club in solidarity to help make the dream of parenthood within reach to more of their less affluent friends. Read More...
Many of you asked to arrange for social activities for gay parents and future parents, and even more urgently we all recognize the need to help those among us who cannot afford the high costs of surrogacy and egg donation. On October 1 we should all get babysitters if needed, and come together for this fun community event, and bring as many of our friends along!!
We will have terrific raffle prizes as well: two Broadway tickets (courtesy of BJ Holt), a $100 gift certificate to the Bogota Latin Bistro restaurant (thank you George Constantinou and Farid Ali Lancheros!), and a set that includes a voucher for a free night of baby nursing services and a $100 gift card from Chapman Hill Baby, a baby nursing service and an online baby supplies and toy store.
Join us Monday, Oct. 1st at 7:30pm
For a Special Comedy Fundraiser to benefit
Men Having Babies’ Gay Parenting Financial Assistance Fund
"Alyse Kenny Presents...It's A Charity Thing!"
At Gotham Comedy Club in NYC
Featuring a lineup of top gay and gay-friendly comedians including:
(The Judy Show – My Life As A Sitcom)
And others including:
- Michele Balan (NBC’s Last Comic Standing)
- Alyse Kenny (ABC's What Would You Do?)
- Eddie Brill (Late Show With David Letterman)
- Vidur Kapur (Showtime)
- MC - Jimmy Failla (ESPN’s Dream Job)
Admission is $25 or $50 for VIP Seating (2 drink min.)
* ADVANCE TICKETS ARE REQUIRED! PAST SHOWS HAVE SOLD OUT! WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND GETTING TIX ASAP!
To purchase tickets online and see full details click here
To make a reservation by phone, call 212-367-9000 and request tickets to "Alyse Kenny Presents...It's A Charity Thing!" Mon. Oct. 1st @ 7:30
Arrival time is 7:00pm. (Latecomers may not be accommodated if we are sold out.)
Gotham Comedy Club is located at 208 W. 23rd Street (bet. 7th & 8th)
Help us promote the event!!
- Invite your friends using this image or by forwarding this shortcut: www.menhavingbabies.org/october1
- Download a flyer or postcard to print and distribute around your neighborhood!
- Post on your timeline or favorite Facebook group:
On Thursday, April 19, we held a special meeting in NY to discuss the future of our Men Having Babies network. The group of volunteers who participated agreed unanimously on the following agenda:
- We will start the process of incorporating as a nonprofit organization.
- We will raise funds through event and website sponsorships + raise funds directly.
- The funds will first serve to continue to develop our workshops, events and online resources.
- We will add advocacy to promote greater understanding and acceptance of surrogacy as one of the network’s goals.
- We will work towards establishing a fund to provide financial assistance to gay men who want to become surrogacy dads!