Men Having Babies South - 2018
Surrogacy & Gay Parenting Conference
Austin, March 3-4, 2018
The Men Having Babies SOUTH Surrogacy Conference & Expo is coming to Austin, featuring surrogacy parenting options in both the USA and Canada!
Men Having Babies (MHB) is an international non-profit organization that has helped thousands of gay men worldwide become biological parents. After two successful events in Dallas, our 3rd Texas conference will be offered in Austin, featuring practical and personal peer advice and opportunities to meet a wide range of leading providers from the USA and Canada. Our Gay Parenting Expo will feature both surrogacy and adoption / foster care resources!
Based on feedback from attendees the program has been extended by starting earlier on Saturday, allowing us to add several sessions, and allocate more time for Q&A and socializing.
We are proud to note that the Austin conference is once again receiving wide support from leading LGBT establishments and groups in Texas including the Dallas Voice, Rainbow Roundup, Cathedral of Hope, The Handsome Father, and the Teddy Bear Party.
In-depth programs will offer insights from the latest studies about contemporary gestational surrogacy, insurance, budgeting, medical and psychological aspects of surrogacy. Proceeds from sponsorship and exhibiting fees will benefit the Gay Parenting Assistance Program.
Note: while the event is organized by gay parenting organizations, non-gay prospective surrogacy parents are welcome and will no doubt highly benefit from it as well.
4415 South Interstate Highway 35, Austin, TX 78744
We strongly encourage advance registration - our events often sell out.
Agenda in brief
Saturday, March 3:
• 3:00 - 3:30pm: Registration
• 3:30 - 4:45pm: Is surrogacy right for you? Overview and personal stories - hear from several surrogates and parents
• 4:45 - 5:00pm: Coffee Break
• 5:00 - 6:15pm: A mindful look at surrogacy - Attitudes and Ethics.
• 6:15 - 6:45pm: Break/ light supper (courtesy of Fertility Specialists of Texas)
• 6:45 - 8:00pm: Planning your parenting journey - major legal, medical and financial considerations
Optional social activities:
• 8:00pm: Parents / Intended Parents’ Happy Hour
Sunday, March 4:
• 8:30 - 9:00am: Registration
• 9:00 - 10:15am: Picking providers, budgeting and financial assistance (GPAP)
• 10:15 - 10:30am: coffee break
• 10:30 - 11:45am: Expert panel: Medical aspects of surrogacy.
• 11:45am -1:15pm: Lunch (courtesy of Simple Surrogacy) and gay parenting expo (tables of surrogacy agencies, clinics, lawyers and community organizations).
• 1:15 - 2:30pm: Expert panel: Budgeting and insurance (sponsored by ART Risk)
• 2:30 - 4:30pm: Breakout sessions - learn more about participating surrogacy providers.
• 3:00 - 8:00pm: Optional private consultations
• 4:30 - 5:30pm: Networking reception & gay parenting expo.
• 5:30 - 6:30pm: Specialty sessions:
- Expert legal panel
- The Gay Parenting Assistance Program (GPAP) - Q&A
* Note: If you need ASL interpretation services, we ask that you notify us by February 3, 2018, so that we may have time to secure an interpreter.