Expanded two-day "how-to" parenting program
Parent, surrogate and egg donor testimonies
25 Gay Parenting Services Exhibitors
Twenty-four "meet the sponsor" breakout sessions
Panel on insurance and budgeting
On-site consultations available with clinics and agencies
Medical, psychological, and legal experts
Unbiased information & resources focused on surrogacy solutions
The 2019 New York Men Having Babies Surrogacy Conference will feature parenting options in the USA and Canada, and the debut of the Advocacy & Research Forum!
For gay men who want to become parents through surrogacy, the MHB educational conferences are a rare opportunity to get under one roof a wealth of information, advice and access a wide range of relevant service providers — and from an unbiased non-profit organization.
In addition to advice about parenting options, we offer on the Friday The Case for NY Surrogacy Reform as part of our Advocacy & Research Forum, series. Along with partners including RESOLVE and Equality NY, we show how the proposed surrogacy legislation addresses core ethical issues & essential best practices. Participation requires registration or just RSVP if you are already registered for the conference.
To accommodate the growing interest, the 2019 conference will be held at the spacious Stewart hotel, where out of town attendees will also be able to benefit from a discounted group rate. The conference is based on a format MHB developed over the last 14 years in NY, San Francisco, Dallas, Brussels, Chicago and Tel Aviv. More than 30 providers and community organizations will offer information on parenting options in the USA and Canada. In-depth workshops and panels have been updated, and arranged in program tracks that will appeal to prospective parents on different stages of the process. And of course we will once again offer the popular panel of teen surrogacy children!
Out of the J, at the Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan. As always, proceeds from sponsorship and exhibiting fees will benefit the Gay Parenting Assistance Program.
November 9-10, 2019.
The Stewart Hotel, 371 Seventh Ave, New York City, NY 10001-3984.
Online registration for the 2019 conference is now closed. A limited number of tickets will be available at the door (at $50 each).
Attendees can benefit from special group rates for hotel accommodations at the hotel.
Agenda in brief(more details here)
Friday, November 8: The Case for NY Surrogacy Reform
- 3:30 - 4:00pm: Registration
- 4:00 - 5:00pm: Major concerns at the heart of the surrogacy legislation debate
- 5:00-6:00pm: Perspective from domestic & international legislation, and academic research.
- 6:00-7:00pm: Break / reception
- 7:00-8:00pm: Discussion: the surrogacy debate and our communities.
- 8:30 - 9:00am: Registration
- 9:00 - 10:30am: Planning your parenting journey - major legal, medical and financial considerations
- 10:30 - 11:00am: coffee break (courtesy of Center for Reproductive Medicine of Weill Cornell Medicine)
- 11:00am - 12:15pm: Picking providers, budgeting and financial assistance (GPAP)
- 12:15 -2:00pm: Lunch (courtesy of San Diego Fertility Center) and gay parenting expo (tables of surrogacy agencies, clinics, lawyers and community organizations).
- 2:00 - 4:00pm: Breakout sessions - learn more about participating surrogacy providers
- 3:00 - 7:00pm: Optional private consultations
- 4:00 - 5:00pm: Coffee Break & Expo (courtesy of Worldwide Surrogacy Specialists)
- 5:00 - 5:45pm: Personal stories - hear from several surrogates and parents (Sponsored by SCRC)
- 5:45 - 6:00pm: coffee break
- 6:00 - 7:15pm: A mindful look at surrogacy - Psychological and Ethical aspects.
Special evening activities (open to the community at large)
- 7:15 - 8:00pm: Teen Panel: Surrogacy children of gay dads share their stories
- 8:00pm: Parents / Intended Parents’ Happy Hour
Sunday, November 10:
- 8:15 - 9:00am: Registration
- 9:00 - 10:30am: Expert panel: Medical aspects of surrogacy (Sponsored by American Fertility Services)
- 9:00 - 1:00pm: Optional private consultations
- 10:30 - 10:45am: coffee break (courtesy of Vermont Surrogacy Network, LLC)
- 10:45 - 11:45am: Expert panel: Budgeting and insurance.
- 11:45am -12:45pm: Q&A sessions:
- / Legal experts
- / Budgeting / The Gay Parenting Assistance Program (GPAP)
- 12:45am -1:45pm: Advice for prospective single fathers