MHB invites prospective parents interested in learning about surrogacy in Canada to a Surrogacy Parenting Seminar Series in Toronto. It includes 4 seminars, 3-4 hours each, from March through October of 2020. Each seminar will include the following components:
- An hour long peer-advice ”Planning Your Surrogacy Journey in Canada” workshop led by the MHB team.
- A speciality expert panel focusing on different topic each time, as well as other unique sessions (financial assistance, advice for prospective single fathers, etc.)
- Opportunities to hear directly from parents, surrogates and egg donors.
- Opportunities to meet a select group of service providers.
- An opportunity to socialize with similar minded couples and singles.
Prospective parents that already attended one of the "Planning Your Surrogacy Journey in Canada” workshop will have the option of skipping the first session in subsequent seminars while still benefiting from the unique expert panels and the opportunity to meet new providers.
Event schedule and specialty panels:
- March 7, 2020: Understanding the Surrogacy Process - the role of surrogacy and egg donation agencies, matching, budgeting and insurance.
- VIRTUAL May 2, 2020: Legal Aspects - understanding the legal framework for surrogacy in Canada + COVID-19 Updates
- VIRTUAL July 11, 2020: Medical Aspects - the medical screening of future fathers, egg donors and surrogates, the creation of optimal embryos, and the IVF process.
- October 3, 2020: Psychological and Ethical Considerations - A mindful look at surrogacy.
For gay men who want to become parents through surrogacy, the Men Having Babies educational programs are a rare opportunity to get under one roof a wealth of information, advice and access a wide range of relevant service providers — and from an unbiased non-profit organization. As always, proceeds from sponsorship and exhibiting fees will benefit the Gay Parenting Assistance Program
The seminars are co-sponsored by The 519
, Toronto’s LGBTQ community center.