Learn about the various sources for egg donation (clinic, agency, friends/family, frozen egg bank), the level of knowledge about the donor’s identity, and related legal issues. Even when intended parents have a general idea of the qualities they are looking for in a potential donor, they are often not fully aware of the complete spectrum of choices one should consider. Experience shows that considering these issues in advance may alleviate some of the unnecessary stress guys feel as they go through this process.
The online event will include several guests experts, and moderated by the MHB team. It will include ample opportunities to ask questions in real time. It is offered live twice to accommodate our members worldwide:
• July 1 at 7pm EDT / July 2 at 8am China & Taiwan
• July 2 at 1pm EDT / 19:00 Central European Time
In addition to several experts (see below), we will also hear from representatives of We Are Egg Donors. Founded by three egg donors in 2012, We Are Egg Donors is an active global community of more than 2,000 egg donors in 12+ countries. WAED is a volunteer-run platform fully dedicated to personal support and advocacy on causes that matter most to egg donors. WAED is committed to creating an authentic, non-directive resource — with no commercial interest in the decision to donate eggs. WAED has a donation policy in which they don’t accept funds from any business that profits from donor eggs.
• Family/friend donation vs. stranger.
• Experience vs. inexperience donor.
• Frozen, shared and fresh eggs.
• The option of freezing some eggs "uncommitted" for sibling cycles.
• Suggested strategies for cost reduction that do not reduce success rates.
• Open / known egg donation vs. anonymous donation.
• Gender selection issues.
• The number of donations the donor already provided (or is allowed to provide).
• Legal contracts and representation required for egg donors, based on some of the above options.